A Look Inside WNA
International & ESL Programs
For more than sixty years, international students have chosen West Nottingham Academy (WNA) in preparation for American colleges and universities.
At WNA, students receive support to improve English language fluency and integrate into the school community. International students from countries all over the world call WNA “home" because of its caring and committed faculty, administration, and diverse student body.
English as Second Language (ESL)
ESL is a carefully designed support structure that provides students who are not yet fully ready to enter the College Preparatory curriculum with a rigorous, immersion-based environment for learning English with other international students.
• Augmented language skills focus combined with studies of both English and History.
• English communication classes to improve speaking and listening skills, in addition to reading, writing, grammar, and learning about American culture.
• Classes that support students work in all WNA classes, tailored to English language acquisition.
• Classes that transition students needing additional support from ESL to the College Preparatory curriculum.
• Individual tutoring support.
Additional Services and Amenities:
• College advising, including visits to colleges and assistance filling out applications
• Travel and VISA assistance
•TOEFL and SAT preparation through evening classes
• Special dinners, trips and eventsLearn more about our International & ESL Programs