High School and Skating - you CAN have both!
THE SKATER SUPPORT PROGRAM
at West Nottingham Academy
A college-preparatory, boarding & day school for grades 9-12.
Just 18 miles from Newark, Delaware - Home of the University of Delaware's Development Center.
West Nottingham Academy, in consultation with the Ice Skating Science Development Center at the University of Delaware, has developed an academic support program to provide world-class education for world-class athletes training at UD.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES:
- *Daily transportation services to and from the UD Training Center;
- *Coursework to fit your training schedule including the "80/20," which allows you to complete part of your WNA developed coursework during the summer months;
- Complete Academic Support Services & College Counseling to help you prepare for the next step;
- A faculty advisor and study hall proctors to help manage classes and homework;
- Small classes with a 1:7 faculty/student ratio. Outstanding teachers;
- Diversity - students from throughout our region & around the world - 11 states and 14 countries.
- A Safe & Caring Community - A real home away from home, and a community that supports the pursuit of your passion for skating;
- The complete high school experience! - classes, prom, student life -
All while continuing your training!
ABOUT WEST NOTTINGHAM ACADEMY (WNA):
Located just 18 miles from Newark, Delaware, WNA is a college-preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12. Founded in 1744, West Nottingham is the oldest boarding school in America. Past students include artists, governors, professional athletes and two signers of The Declaration of Independence. We invite you to wander through our web site to learn more about the school's past and, most importantly, the vibrant educational community which we are today. www.wna.org.
TUITION / FINANCIAL AID:
The Academy provides need-based financial aid to approximately 40% of our families.
Please note that skating and coaching fees are paid directly to the University of Delaware and not to WNA.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE DEVELOPMENT CENTER:
The Center has developed Olympians in the last six Olympic Games, including Kimmie Meissner, 2006 World Figure Skating Champion and 2007 U.S. National Champion. Athletes travel from throughout the country and around the world to train and develop under the close guidance of Mr. Ludington and his team of coaches at this state-of-the-art facility.
Skaters and families who are serious about their training but also wish for a more complete academic and social high school experience can find it under the Academy's Skating Support Program. You don't have to choose between training or high school anymore - Now you can do both!
LEARN MORE / CONTACT WNA:
To learn more about this exciting program including price and how WNA may be the perfect fit for you and your family, email us at email@example.com or call our admission office at (410) 658-9279.
*Additional fees might apply.