Figure Skating Program
At West Nottingham Academy students can both: a full high school experience while investing in competitive training.
Students and families who are serious about training but also wish for a more complete academic and social high school experience can find it under the Academy's Skating Program. Students no longer have to choose between training or high school anymore - they can do both! Perhaps you are a competitive skater, or perhaps you want to focus on gymnastics, equestrian, dancing or theatre arts - we could be the school for you!
For Skaters: West Nottingham Academy, in consultation with local arenas, including the Ice Skating Science Development Center at the University of Delaware, has developed an academic support program to provide world-class education for world-class skaters.
THE PROGRAM PROVIDES:
- Daily transportation services to and from the rink. Skaters will have time for a quick lunch and return for dinner. The van will leave WNA at 12:25 and pick up at 4:30, Monday - Friday. **
- Coursework to fit training schedules. This allows completion of a 80-100% coursework during the school year with the possibility of a sixth course during the summer months;
- Complete academic support services & college counseling to assist with the next step;
- A faculty advisor and study hall proctors to help manage classes and homework;
- Small classes with a 1:7 faculty/student ratio. Outstanding teachers;
- Diversity - students from throughout our region & around the world.
- A safe & caring community - A real home away from home, and a community that supports the pursuit of your passion for skating;
- The complete high school experience! - classes, prom, student life - all while training!
*Please note that skating and coaching fees are paid directly to the rink and to coaches and are not included in tuition fees.
**If Cecil County Schools are closed for inclement weather, we will not operate this service.
The University of Delaware Development Center: The Center has developed Olympians in the last six Olympic Games, including Kimmie Meissner, 2006 World Figure Skating Champion and 2007 U.S. National Champion. Athletes travel from throughout the country and around the world to train in this premiere center.
The Pond: a premiere skating program in Newark, Delaware.
To learn more about this exciting program and how WNA may be the perfect fit for you, email us at email@example.com or call our admission office at (410) 658-9279. For more information about the program at the University of Delaware please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.