Thank you for your interest in joining the professional community at West Nottingham Academy. Our school takes pride in and is committed to the diversity of our community as a whole, including those who work here. We support equal opporunity and encourage all to apply. Please see a listing of open positions below.
More than 70 percent of faculty and their families live on campus, which includes utilities and all regular meals on campus. Resident and non-resident employees are expected to particiate in the life of the school, from academic-day activites, to after-school opportunities, athletics, and student life events.
Faculty members carry, on average, a load of five classes, two co-curricular seasons, and residential dorm duty. All positions offer a competitive salary comparable with peer schools and commensurate with experience and education, as well as benefits (major medical insurance, dental and vision, Aspire Financial Services, disability insurance, and life insurance). All employees are encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities through the Academy's Cameron Fund.
West Nottingham Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Director of Student Life
West Nottingham Academy is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Student Life for the 2019-20 academic year. This individual will provide strategic direction for all functions and staff of Student Life, including: student orientation, student activities, student government and leads the development of comprehensive activities and events to support student development and engagement while suited to the diverse needs of West Nottingham Academy. This individual is a key member of the administrative team and will report to the Head of School. West Nottingham is actively seeking to increase the diversity of its administrative team to continue to build on our strong foundation, with origination of 1744, making us the Oldest Boarding School in the Country!
Student Life (day and boarding students)
• Manages the Assistant Director and Student Life fellow, being a liaison for Athletics & Travel
• Holds responsibility for yearly Orientation program
• Leads the development of Student Activities, Weekend Program and Activities, and community service
• Oversees the Student Life Website/Portal
• Runs the Student Government
• Promotes community opportunities and other external activities
• Leads the Advisory Program and develops curriculum that supports advisors and compliments the mission of the school
• Provides counsel, mentorship, and disciplinary action to students
• Partners with parents in discussing student behaviors as it relates to Student Life
• Leads Dormitory Council
• Builds relationships between, parents, dorm parents, and students
• Communicates verbally and written guidelines for the dormitories
• Serves as the liaison for communication issues with all facets of our community/campus
• Oversees all selection, training, and management of dorm prefects
• Continued enhancement of our already robust residential life curriculum.
• Train and provide ongoing support for residential life staff.
• Manages the residential life budget
• Provides support to the disciplinary review committee
Undergraduate degree in a related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
• Previous experience acting in same, or similar role
• Proven track record of successful outcomes with all Projects, Committees, surrounding Student Life
• Strong PC skills. (working in a Windows environment with knowledge of email, scheduling and database applications.)/working with social media, websites preferred
• Experience in communicating to all audiences, both written and verbal
• Visionary Thinking
• Leading multiple teams through activities/projects for WNA
• Interest in and demonstrated skill working with adolescents.
• Strong understanding of the boarding school environment (in all facets)
• Proven-leadership abilities
• A sense of humor, humility and the ability to develop and relate to our students.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, three professional references, and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted until the position is filled.
Faculty and Staff Positions
No openings at this time.
No openings at this time.