Thank you for your interest in joining the professional community at West Nottingham Academy. Our school takes pride in and is committed to the diversity of our community as a whole, including those who work here. We support equal opporunity and encourage all to apply. Please see a listing of open positions below.
More than 70 percent of faculty and their families live on campus, which includes utilities and all regular meals on campus. Resident and non-resident employees are expected to particiate in the life of the school, from academic-day activites, to after-school opportunities, athletics, and student life events.
Faculty members carry, on average, a load of five classes, two co-curricular seasons, and residential dorm duty. All positions offer a competitive salary comparable with peer schools and commensurate with experience and education, as well as benefits (major medical insurance, dental and vision, Aspire Financial Services, disability insurance, and life insurance). All employees are encouraged to take advantage of professional development opportunities through the Academy's Cameron Fund.
West Nottingham Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
West Nottingham is seeking a full-time communications associate to join our community for the upcoming 2019-20 academic year, July 1, 2019.
The communications associate serves as a member of the school’s advancement team and will report directly to the assistant head of school for enrollment management, while offering key support to the director of development and other senior faculty and administrators at West Nottingham Academy. The position requires comfort and confidence with both traditional communication, including interviews, feature writing, and press releases, and as well as technology-forward communication, including social media, website content management, and e-newsletters. In these and other areas, the position will include daily work across several tasks including electronic communications, photography, press releases, advertising decisions, and search engine optimization, to name a few. This position requires the ability to have a flexible schedule, as it will require non-traditional work hours, including nights and weekends. All prospective employees must be able to clear a background and fingerprint check and TB screening.
Local residents preferred, as there is no relocation assistance.
All candidates must have a/an:
- Strong work ethic and a great sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) and/or advanced degree in communications, journalism, advertising/public relations, marketing, English, or related degree.
- Professional experience base of at least three to five years (internship experience included).
- Professional expertise in writing and editing.
- Ability to work to work well under pressure, meet competing time frames, and prioritize work.
- Strong proficiency and high level of comfort with technology.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working in private education (K-12 or college) and/or non-profit organizations.
- Local and regional connections to assist with advancement (enrollment and fundraising).
- Availability to and interest in supporting the WNA community through additional duties, such as dorm supervision and coaching a co-curricular or athletic activity.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by submitting a resume and cover letter to human resources at email@example.com
. Materials should be provided by March 30, 2019.
Faculty and Staff Positions
West Nottingham Academy is seeking a dynamic and experienced French teacher to start for the 2019-20 academic year. We’re looking for a teacher who exhibits excellence both in and outside of the classroom. This individual must be interested in working collaboratively with students, faculty, and administration throughout the year.
- Teach French I through IV and possibly AP French Language and Culture, including all elements of instructional planning, implementation, and assessment.
- Serve as advisor for a group of four to six students, providing guidance in academic, extracurricular, social, and personal areas and serve as the school’s key liaison to parents.
- Dormitory duty one night per week and weekend duty approximately every five weekends with a duty team.
- Lead or assist with an afternoon activity or sport during two of three seasons.
- Attend all faculty meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attend all school functions: Nottingham Open, convocations, banquets, Graduation, and other scheduled events.
- Complete grades/comments, advisor letters, and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner.
- Promote the development of character, community, and curiosity in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules
- Teaching experience of at least one year is required
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Teaching licensure is not required.
- Native or near-native proficiency in spoken and written French; strong background in French culture and literature.
- Fluency with French language pedagogy.
- Ability to demonstrate growth mindset, optimism, and belief that all students can learn.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively about education.
- Ability to use and adapt to a wide array of tools located in our Innovation Center to support and deepen student learning..
- Ability to work as part of a team and display a sense of humor and humility.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position by submitting a resume, cover letter and statement of educational philosophy to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
No openings at this time.